Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Packing

Since we are on the eve of our departure, Matt and I got together to discuss our gear and begin packing. Matt has decided to use a trailer to haul his things, whereas I will be using some custom made frame bags made by Eric at Revelate Designs.

DSC_0615Things started a bit messy.

I will be carrying my things in four different places. I will have a giant saddle bag, a custom made frame bag, a large Camelbak, and my sleeping bag will be strapped to my handlebars. Here they are all layed out:

DSC_0621

These are all of the items that I had with me when packing today, but a few more items will be thrown into the mix after last minute trips to the storage unit and REI.Things will certainly change on the road, but as of right now I am planning to carry my things as follows:

Seat Bag

Thermarest self inflating sleep pad, 1 pair of jeans, 1 cycling jersey, 3 pairs of socks, 1 pair of flip flops, 1 pair of cycling shorts, and 1 T-shirt.

DSC_0630

Frame Bag

1 T-shirt, 1 cycling jersey, laptop charger, inflatable pillow, 1 pair running shorts, 1 button up shirt, 3 pairs of underwear, laptop, camera battery charger, and one bathing suit.

DSC_0627

Camelbak

Rain jacket, rope, running shoes, first aid kit, Camelbak  bladder, and DSLR camera (not shown).

DSC_0632

No comments:

Post a Comment